I don't know what gets into me lately but I am in the mood to cook.Looking back,I never really thought that I can cook,just the thought of cooking rice before was dreading me,maybe because I know when I opened the pots I have something to eat and someone will cook it for me
My passion for cooking didn't come naturally,honestly I hate it,no,I hated it.I started to appreciate the beauty and value of cookbooks when we moved here in far-away kingdom where there is no way you can eat the usual filipino dishes by going to the restaurant,if you want it,you have to cook it.Way back in Ca.if we like to eat something,even just for fried fish or giniling with ampalaya,no big deal because 10 minutes away from our home was a filipino carenderia.So now I have no choice but to learn and cook it to feed my hungry tummy.
We have a small chinese buffet in our town but the problem is,I got this very scary experienced when I bought Siomai from them,it's been a while since I eat siomai and now I wanted to eat it,the problem is I don't know how to wrap,until one day I saw Tyler Florence of Food Network did the easist way to wrapped it so I waste no time,I went to the grocery store and get what I needed.Well,it is not really that pretty but I can say the taste was really good.
I made Puto for our "merienda" when Kat told me if I know how,I had this filipino kakanin book and I kept it well cause I know somedday I will need it and that day is today,it's my very first attempt so I have to make more practice and more patience especially when it comes to beating the white eggs and form it into what they call"mountain peak",whatever it is,I don't care.
I know my creation is not that good but I am proud to say that they good and edible...Maybe someday I will learn how to make a pretty presentation,not that soon,I have to learn more..
teachers online
Enjoy your visit
Saturday, December 6, 2008
Anak ng Puto...Ay!!! Siomai
Posted by Wena at Saturday, December 06, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

12 comments:
makagutom man na weng oi.. maka midnight snack man sad kog ahat ani hehe.. thanks for asking where i was diay hehehe.. caring jud ka my fren .. muaahhh
Hello Weng! I love siomai and I miss eating siomai na jud... Like ko rin puto yung may cheese on top hehehe yours look good talaga oi
nagpalaway ka lang sa akin... hmp! hehehe
hmmm.. looks yummy.. labi na parisan ug dinuguan.. agoyy..makalaway..hehehe
gurl, ang wrapping sa shumai maoy akong predicament pud. is it a video from tyler florence? taga-i ko link yads beh. what i did with my siomai is I wrapped it like dumplings.
i have also been planning to make some puto cheese but i want to make the small ones. but i haven't bought a small muffin pan yet. when i do, maghimo jud dayon ko girl.
pareha lagi ron ta ug huna-huna no?
www.simplyjacy.com
Hello Dhai Nol,giganahan ko ug luto luto lately kay bored akong beauty...hehehehe....gimingaw bitaw ko ug puto mao nga naning kaau ba...
Worried ko nganong nawala ka kadali,abi nako gituok na kang Camcam ba...hehehehe
Madali lang naman gumawa ng siomai mahirap ang wrapping,kaya nagtyaga na lang ako sa simpleng wrapping ni tyler.....
In the mood akong magluto luto ek ek,gus2 ko lately kakanin naman kaya heto TH mashado..hehehe
Pass lang ko anang dinuguan ate den kay d madawat sa akong power,ganahan sad ko paresan ug manggang hinog..
Im not sure if naa ni video sa food network yadz,sa book niya naa ang instructions how to wrap the siomai easily...
Round wrapper then kanang bitaw buslot sa imong kamot when uu make a circle with thumbkin and pointy diha isulod ang wrapper then pun-a lang sa meat then press press lang.Then ipatindog sa chopping board aron firm sha nga makatindog.
Namiss naman gud nako ang puto gurl mao nga naning lagi ko ug himo,maau na lang naay small muffin pan kay kung wala na ambut unsa ang resulta ani...
BAsin pareha ta ug craving Jacs mao nga naghunahuna ta ug himo ug puto=)
Ate Wena naa pa ka dihaa Siomai? late napod ko ani da. hehehe ga kutoy akoa tyan kita sa siomai. hehehe.. :) hmmmmmmmm YumO!
Aguy late na sad ka Day ADin,wa naman oi,sunod na lang inag maghimo ko =)
wow..so yummy day wenna...share naman nang recipe mo hehe...
http://blog.babytetel.com/
asa nga recipe day Stelle?
Post a Comment