Life is a song - sing it.
Life is a game - play it.
Life is a challenge - meet it.
Life is a dream - realize it. Life is a sacrifice - offer it.
Life is love - enjoy it."

About Me

My photo
U.S. Outlying Islands
The true freedom is to be Bold and Daring................ I am not really good at words but I do love to write down the things that I can't say...my frustrations in life as well as my happiness.

Shout Out Corner


Enjoy your visit

Thursday, February 12, 2009

Beef Kaldereta,Little girl's request

My little cousin loves filipino dishes with the exception of sea foods due to her food allergy,beef caldereta is one of them,she loves the black olives and potatoes.Last time we made goat caldereta and she said that it wasn't the usual caldereta that she had tasted,she stated that the meat is "yucky",I told her it was goat and she dramatically said that goats are about to be extinct,silly girl. So last night,I made the beef caldereta,you can see from her face that she has really enjoying it,she hummed while eating and to see that kind of happiness in little girls face is really priceless.

If you would like to try it here is the recipe:

Ingredients:

pack of beef short ribs,sliced according to your wish. 4 medium potatoes,sliced into halves carrots,sliced how you wanted it. black olives drain green olives,drained 1 can of pineapple chunks,drained red and green bell pepper,sliced 1 small can of tomato paste 1 large bottle of ufc tamis-anghang banana ketchup onion,sliced thinly cloves of garlic,smashed or minced oil for frying salt and pepper to taste. Directions:
  • Put oil in a pan and saute garlic and onion til fragrant,add meat and brown each side,don't fry just brown.
  • Put enough water to cover the meat and bring to boil.Lower the heat til the meat is tender enough.
  • Add the tomato paste and ketchup,add some water if needed.
  • simmer then add the potatoes,carrots,black and green olives,plus the pineapple chunks.
  • Simmer until the veggies are cooked,add the green and red bell peppers.
  • Season with salt and pepper.
  • Serve with steamy rice.

12 comments:

Lory said...

Hmmm...that was a good idea of adding olives...Hubby loves them. the pineapple, however, he does not. I used to also add pineapple to my caldereta, pero ayaw ni hubby ng taste, and he gets annoyed everytime he thought he was getting a potato and realizes it was pineapple! So I stopped using that. :( Much to my dismay!

eden said...

i havent cooked this recipe for such a long time. Hubby loves caldereta but when he craves for it, I just go out and buy in the Filipino Restaurant.

It looks so yummy. makalaway man ni Weng..hehehe

hermz said...

I've been using caldereta sauce in packets - the spicy one. I think it was called Manang Sita something? lol, guess that shows how long has it been since I've made caldereta. heh. Will try adding some olives next time, and will do it from scratch (wa nay sauce from pakete, hehe). Thanks for sharing your recipes Weng.

Dean and Lee Schroeder said...

Hubby loves caldereta Weng but I don't put olives kasi ayaw ko. hehehe He doesn't mind naman.

Sarap ng kaldereta mo. How I really wish we are neighbors!

Hana said...

Hi Friend.. Interesting post.. Keep up the good work.. Do visit my blog and post your comments.. Take care mate.. Cheers!!!

zuveena said...

wow! this is awesome...bien sabroso...yummilicious...

Wena said...

@ Manang:

My kaldereta would not be complete without green and black olives...I love them...;)

Wena said...

@ate EDen:

Talagsa ra man sad ko nagaluto ani ate den kay grabe sa rice ba..pero lami jud noon,kats fave sad.

Wena said...

@Hermz:

Wala pa ko katry anang mama sitaw ba,i always made the sauce from scratch,pero motry ko ana f muad2 mi sa asian store.

Wena said...

@ Hazie:

how i wish jud nga silingan ta para naa ko uban kaon always....;)try to put some olives hazie,lami lagi sha..

Wena said...

@ Sriram:

thanks for the visit..sure i will drop by in ur site...

Wena said...

@Janice_phil:

thanks sa dalaw girl..yes sabroso gat...=)

Powered By Blogger