Life is a song - sing it.
Life is a game - play it.
Life is a challenge - meet it.
Life is a dream - realize it. Life is a sacrifice - offer it.
Life is love - enjoy it."

About Me

My photo
U.S. Outlying Islands
The true freedom is to be Bold and Daring................ I am not really good at words but I do love to write down the things that I can't say...my frustrations in life as well as my happiness.

Shout Out Corner


Enjoy your visit

Thursday, February 5, 2009

Chicken Leg Adobo

Adobo is one of my favorite Filipino dish,it can be pork,chicken,beef,or fish.Last night I made some chicken tinola and there were like 12 pcs of chicken legs left so I decided to make some adobo.I cooked it with a little bit of changes,i made the sauce thick and I browned all the sides of the chicken legs for a change.
I know that most of us Filipinos knows how to cook this kind of food,I would be surprise if someone will say that he/she doesn't know how=).Unless that person have no interest in cooking at all.So here is my Chicken Adobo.I had sauteed spinach as my side dish.Yuuuum!!!!and of course,with the thick sauce,you can eat it either with hot rice or mashed potato.

Here is the Procedure:

12 pcs of chicken legs

5 cloves of garlic,minced

1 medium onion sliced like ring

1/2 cup of soysauce

1/4 apple cider vinegar

3-tbsp olive oil

2-tbsp of brown sugar

pinch of salt and pepper

1/2 cup water

2tsps of cornstarch+1/8 cup of water(dissolved)

few drops of hot chili oil(optional)

Procedure:

  • Heat oil in a wok,brown all sides of the chicken .Removed and set aside.
  • Saute the garlic til it fragrant.
  • put back the chicken and simmer over medium heat for like 5 mins.
  • Add the water,soysauce and vinegar,simmer but don't stir.Remove the scum.
  • When it is boiling,add the brown sugar and taste.If you want to adjust the taste then season it according to your taste.
  • continue simmer until the chicken is cook.Add the cornstarch,bring to boil til it thickens.
  • Add the onion rings and cover the wok but turn-off the heat.
  • Since I like mine with a kick,I put few drops of hot chili oil.It is optional anyway.

Enjoy!!!!

7 comments:

eden said...

agoyyy.. kalami man ana weng..hehehe.. wala nakay sobra ana..lolz..

happy weekend

hermz said...

Looks yummy. I'll try your recipe Weng. Somehow I can't make the sauce right. :P

Wena said...

Ate Eden,hello,wala na jud nabilin te,nahurot na namo ug kaon kagabii....hehehe

Happy week-end too and thanks for passing by here.

Wena said...

HAlo HeRmz,akong style Hermz para makuha nako ang sauce nga akong gus2 ginabana-bana sa nako ang suka and soysauce until makuha nako ang taste nga gus2 nako.....adjust adjust lang ba..

goodluck hermz,practise lang na,for sure makuha na nimo ....

Dean and Lee Schroeder said...

Wenggay!!! You always make me salivate sa imuhang food. lami kaayo ang adobo nimo oi... I will surely copy your recipe kay favorite namo ni Winn ang adobo.

I rather eat it with rice kay mas lami diba? hehehe Thanks for sharing your recipe Wenggay!

Wena said...

You are welcome hazie,ako sad paborito jud nako ni and i prefer rice sad over sa potato but Migz like it in mashed potato kaya I thicken the sauce a bit.

Wena said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Powered By Blogger