Life is a song - sing it.
Life is a game - play it.
Life is a challenge - meet it.
Life is a dream - realize it. Life is a sacrifice - offer it.
Life is love - enjoy it."

About Me

My photo
U.S. Outlying Islands
The true freedom is to be Bold and Daring................ I am not really good at words but I do love to write down the things that I can't say...my frustrations in life as well as my happiness.

Shout Out Corner


Enjoy your visit

Sunday, February 1, 2009

creamcheese-purple yam pound cake

I was wondering what to do with our purple yam,some were rotten already and i saved like 4 small pieces.I can't find any recipe that will match what I wanted so out of desperation,I got a pack of cream cheese then mashed the yam.From there,I just let my hand do the work and whatever comes first in my mind to put next then that it is. The outer part was a little bit crunchy but surprisingly the inside is moist and soft,actually it really taste good with coffee.At first,I thought it was a total disaster but when it totally cool-down,the natural sweetness of yam and everything in there came out.It taste really delicious inside the mouth. I love it with coffee in the morning and for snack as well...I just hope that I can improve the outer texture,maybe I put too much purple yam and little flour and not enough butter.Maybe next time,I will correct that mistake.

4 comments:

Lory said...

where o where did you get your purple yam?!!!
I wonder if any Asian store carries the purple yam in their tuber form?

Wena said...

My aunt got it in asian store in Louisville,ihahalo nya sana un sa ginataan nya kaso lang nabusy sha,eh nabulok na sayang naman itapon kaya ginamit ko na.

D akko sure manang if they have purple yam in their tuber form,.

Dean and Lee Schroeder said...

sarap naman nito Wenggay. Love na love ko mga bread and pastries hehehe

Wena said...

I do too hazie,u know this one is surprisingly good especially with coffee,i will be making this again but i will try to figure out how to soften the outer part.

Powered By Blogger