Life is a song - sing it.
Life is a game - play it.
Life is a challenge - meet it.
Life is a dream - realize it. Life is a sacrifice - offer it.
Life is love - enjoy it."

About Me

My photo
U.S. Outlying Islands
The true freedom is to be Bold and Daring................ I am not really good at words but I do love to write down the things that I can't say...my frustrations in life as well as my happiness.

Shout Out Corner


Enjoy your visit

Saturday, January 17, 2009

Our Lunch(Tortang Alimango)

Aunt ordered some crabs from Maryland and we didn't finish it all,she told me if nobody wanted to eat it I can throw it away cause it makes the house smells,as I was staring at it,I feel bad just to put it in the trash can so I decided to remove the meat and made it into crab pattie. It was a tough job cause it is hard to remove all the meat in that regular size crab plus I wasn't even sure if Ican gather enough meat to make a tortang alimango(crab pattie).So with patience,i took one by one until everyhting is done,I was able to make 8 patties out of it and that was our lunch today.Just made a thousand island sauce for dipping.

6 comments:

Lory said...

I feel the same way with lobsters (and they are expensive compared to crab!). So even if I spend time removing the meat off the lobster heads and smaller claws (that working an extra hour or two would have covered another meal of lobsters!), I find myself obsessing over using the meat for chowder.

Dean and Lee Schroeder said...

Hello Weng! expert ko ana magkut-kot sa crab meat. I like crabs. Winn doesn't like crabs kay makagutom daw and he doesn't have patience to get the meat.

Sarap naman ng ulam nyo hehehehe

Wena said...

hello Manang,i know mahal ang lobster,the prob is d AKO fanatic ng chowder,ewan ko kung bakit ba.....kaya hanggang torta or minsan ginagawang dip ang mga natitirang alimango namin.

Wena said...

expert diay ka hazie,cge time will come pagnagkita ta sa zamboanga,kaon ta sa alavar ha...

Dean and Lee Schroeder said...

yes Weng! sure na ha hehehe I hope we will meet jud. i love the foods in alavar! yum yum

Wena said...

Sure lagi vah,i love their foods too,i miss the place and we could eat in mano mano too=)

Powered By Blogger