Life is a song - sing it.
Life is a game - play it.
Life is a challenge - meet it.
Life is a dream - realize it. Life is a sacrifice - offer it.
Life is love - enjoy it."

About Me

My photo
U.S. Outlying Islands
The true freedom is to be Bold and Daring................ I am not really good at words but I do love to write down the things that I can't say...my frustrations in life as well as my happiness.

Shout Out Corner


Enjoy your visit

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Puto -Ube with Cheese and With sweet Macapuno

(Puto with Sweet Macapuno)

Yesterday power was off for the whole day,it was still snowing but not that bad,it was cold because we have no heater at all but we survived.We played monopoly during the day and we gathered in the living room when the night falls,we talked and for me it was like we were bonding as a family.We slept all in the sala even our dogs.
(puto-ube with cheese)
Around 3 am,I woke up and glad that the power was back on,since I been resting for the whole day I decided to make some "puto-ube",everyone was still in their deep slumber.I made myself a cup of hot coffee and continued the preparation.
While waiting for the puto to be cooked,I found a jar of Sweet Macapuno in our pantry,I decided to mixed it with the remaining puto-ube mixture,I just steam it longer to be sure it will have a nice consistency.
I just made like 5 pcs of puto with sweet macapuno and when I tasted it,I love it,the texture and taste really goes together.So from now on,I will make some of puto with the mixture of macapuno for it gives a different taste from the usual puto.
Ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup ube powder
  • 1 cup all- purpose flour
  • 1/2 cup white sugar
  • 1 -1/2 tbsp baking powder
  • 1-3/4 fresh milk or coconut milk
  • cheese of your choice
  • 4 tbsp of sweet macapuno(optional and approxiamated)

Directions:

  • Mix flour,sugar and baking powder.

  • Add milk and mix until smooth.

  • Fill prepared puto cups 2/3 full.

  • Steam rapidly in boiling water for 20-25 minutes.

  • add cheese right away so it will melt.

  • Cool down before removing from the cups.

6 comments:

mommy Orkid Belle said...

Oi pastilan bang pagluto nato dihaa ate Wena.. anha gud ko sa inyoha beh aron makakaon ko! hehehe.. YumO!

Wena said...

aww dali ngare day Adin,,easy ra man sad ni and taking advantage pud kay wala mo kuryente at that time...paborito namo ni para breakfast.

Lory said...

These seem very good! I have leftover powdered ube from an experiment in making ube cake that turned out to be a failure. So I can now make use of that leftover ube powder for this!
BTW, you have been awarded the Lemonade Award here for your unrelenting unselfish, sharing and caring attitude, and your gratitude that shines in your blogposts. Please continue with your good work!

Wena said...

they are good manang...and thank u sa award,will grab it later on....

D baleng failure ang attempt mong gumawa ng ube cake,mapeperfect mo din yan....

Dean and Lee Schroeder said...

oi oi, naunahan mo ako Weng sa pagluto ng puto hehehe, ang sarap naman! pahingi kami dito hehehe

Wena said...

na miggy wanted me to make some...wala naman nahurot na....we ate it on one seating..hahahaha

Powered By Blogger