Life is a song - sing it.
Life is a game - play it.
Life is a challenge - meet it.
Life is a dream - realize it. Life is a sacrifice - offer it.
Life is love - enjoy it."

About Me

My photo
U.S. Outlying Islands
The true freedom is to be Bold and Daring................ I am not really good at words but I do love to write down the things that I can't say...my frustrations in life as well as my happiness.

Shout Out Corner


Enjoy your visit

Saturday, January 24, 2009

Shrimp with chili Sauce

Last Tuesday aunt and some of her friends played Bun co in our place,they do it every 3rd Tuesday of each month and it was Tita Ds turn to host.She was worried what food to prepare for they are all Americans but we both know that they loved tita D's pancit bihon.She asked me if I can make some food just for additional aside what she gonna prepare.She made some pancit and Korean Beef.
I have no idea what to put in the table so I said I will just make some shrimp with chili sauce,I thought that it will compliment with the noodles or the beef,I didn't make it so spicy for the reason that they might not like spicy food.I just put some red and bell peppers to add some color.
To my surprise the visitors love it and they almost finished it.Of course,I wanted some for myself cause shrimp is one of my favorite seafood.Other lady asked the recipe,she is planning to make some for her husband for she said that her other half is a seafood lover and adventurous when it comes to food.I was happy and so with Tita D that they were not picky at all when it comes to food.

Here is the recipe if you like to try :

2 packs of shrimp(small size) deveined and shell off

1 red and green bell peppers,sliced into medium size or what ever you prefer

chili sauce( about 1 -11/2 cup)

onion,finely chopped

3 cloves of garlic,minced

3tbsp of olive oil

salt and pepper to add some taste

Instruction:

*Heat oil in a wok,saute the garlic and onion,add the shrimp and saute until it will be slightly pink.

*Add the chili sauce with a little bit of water just to clean up the cup ,bring to boil.

*Seasoned with salt and pepper then add the red& green peppers.Just simmer for 2 minutes.Don't overcook for it will make the shrimp hard.Half cook the peppers as well.If you like the bell peppers fully cook,just cover the wok.

4 comments:

Lory said...

sounds sinfully delish! I'd like to try this, but hubby does not like shrimps. Maybe I will try using chicken strips instead. Hahatiin ko...some shrimps, some chicken. I am drooling as I think of it now...

Wena said...

that is a good idea manang,ohhh....sayang d gus2 ng hubby mo ang hipon,as in masarap talaga no kidding=)

Dean and Lee Schroeder said...

Hubby Winn will love this one Weng. He loves shrimp more than I do hehehe. I will definitely make this one. Thanks for posting the recipe Neng

Wena said...

Ohhh...i love shrimp as well....try mo hazie for sure he gonna love this...ur always welcome...=)

Powered By Blogger